Sunday 21 June 2009

Lonesome Bull


Well he wasn't really lonely. He had a field full of lovely heifers, but he was after one in the adjoining field. Typical.! He gave us hours of amused watching. Sad isn't it ?
By the way, Mick says he is going to proof read my stuff before I post it. As normal my brain is going faster than my fingers, but I hope you have been able to decipher my ramblings.
So we are moored close to the Shady Oak pub, and we went for Fathers day lunch which was very nice. This place has got a very good reputation. However, I wasn't enticed by the price of the wine by the glass. As most of you know I like my wine in large measures. So 250ml wine, which when I measured on the boat is, say a whisky tumbler- full, was ..... wait for it.........................................£11.95 per glass Gasp, double gasp. So I stuck to a pint of black sheep at £2.60.
A lady on a hire boat said she had a lovely big plate of crayfish and plenty of them! Well, we all know where they may have come from, don't we ?
Being moored around livestock can be interesting but the downside is a boat full of blinking flies.!
It drives Finlay and myself crazy. So the old spanish fly swatters have been working overtime, and the fish have been getting a feast.
Not moving far tomorrow, as the forecast looks ok and need to paint Trundles roof.
Step-daughter Rebecca has run in the Bournemouth marathon today in aid of Cancer Awareness, and she had to name someone she was running for, so she ran for my dad, Jack. Thanks Bec.

No comments:

Post a Comment