Wednesday 17 June 2009

On the way to the lovely Audlem flight, we had a problem!. An escaping NB with no-one aboard. We couldn 't get past it, so Mick had no option but to leap aboard said escaping boat with the rope between his teeth ( he told me to say this), anyway I was holding our boat with centre rope, whilst he re-tethered boat at the back. I hadn't realised until it was too late that my rope had caught on something on the top of the boat, it un-hooked sending my flying backwards into the undergrowth onto my back and derriere. OUCH and OUCH again. So I spent my time up and down the flight rubbing my back and walking like......well I was going to say John Wayne, actually.

So having been in pain and I hasten to add I still am, I awarded myself and Mick a pint at the Shroppie Fly( pub).

The one thing that makes this flight memorable, not just its beauty but the veg and fruit box that the farmers wife places buy the canal. Last year I had a bunch of Sweetpeas and some redcurrants.( you place your money in the box provided). This year all the other greedy buggers got there before me, and all that was left was a bunch of radish and 2 punnetts of gooseberries( £1 each). so with thoughts of goosegog Pie, I encouraged Mick to open his wallett.He did.


Lovely mooring in the evening and Finlay made friends with this big boy called Jet.


Wednesday on to Nantwich and we need a pump-out.!

No comments:

Post a Comment