Saturday 1 August 2009

Foxton Locks and Ella and Lily.


We love Foxton Locks. They are set in beautiful countryside, they are great fun to do and you meet some really nice folks.
Meet Ella and Lily. They were at the locks on this day with brother and mum and dad.I was working the "red before white you will be alright, but white before red you will get a slap 'round the head" paddles and the girls were watching Mick sitting there waiting for me to do my bit. Anyway he said that if it was ok with mum and dad, would they like to come on the boat and come up a few locks. So they did. I think they enjoyed it, even though Finlay was ignoring them( he's shy . )
Anyway Ella and Lily, enjoy your holidays in Mablethorpe( I know I used to enjoy my hols there) and we hope the sun shines on you.
Further up the locks, I was just about to go and close one of the gates, when these two small boys raced up to the gate and looked up at me expectantly. " would you like to close the gate for me ?" Yes please " go on then". Make use of any help you get !!!!!
Near to the top was Jessica and her grandad. She had spent the last few hours opening and closing the top gate for everyone. She was really enjoying herself and was another nice little girl.
After this we moored up for the day, had an ice cream and then it chucked it down. Then the sun came out, and I looked up and there were 5 small faces peering through the window. It didn't half make me jump. " theres a lady in here" said one and they all giggled , so I retaliated with " Hey Mick theres a load of little kids out here, look", which made them giggle even more. " whats it like in there?" " its dry and warm" I replied, which made there Dads (giggle)laugh.

No comments:

Post a Comment