Sunday 5 June 2011

Thursday we arrived at Aynho. And that was as far as we can go this time. Lovely mooring, wide towpath, so the laundry was done and hung out. The bbq was cleaned down, ready for our 1st bbq of the year. Found our way during the afternoon to the wharf
Andtried a Mint Magnum - 10/10. anyway,. The big news of this day was that I was texting someone from the back of Trundle, and turned to say hello to a passing boater – he was an old boy in a floppy hat. Turned back to my texting and then the light-bulb effect kicked in and I realised that I had just passed a hail fellow well met with none other than Timothy West !!! didn’t see his Mrs – Prunella Scales, though. I immediately texted everyone I know, and had quite a few “ WHO?’s” in reply. PHILISTINES. !!! He had been down to the festival at Braunston and I believe had had a “go” at skippering the Vintage NB President.


Friday was a return to lovely Banbury, and this time it was my turn to wander the streets and charity shops looking for boat treasures. Found a few things!

A local boater had told us about a good Indian rest called Jaipur, so in the evenng, we changed into non-boaty attire and hit the town. The Indian was excellent, with some rather nice touches. E.g with the hot towels came a bowl of quartered oranges to suck on and clean your mouth, plus a complimentary “copita” or very small glass of brandy for mick and baileys for me. Then we went to an old fashioned oak floored pub for 1 drink, and then back to Trundle, no tv signal,so we watched a film. It was 11.30 before we hit the sack. That is very late for us. !!!! and I had a slightly thick head in the morning……. Tch tch.



On Sunday making our way down the Claydon lock flight, we came across Pauline and Gerry on NB Dash, going the opposite way. We had cruised along with them a couple of years ago, and enjoyed their company very much. It was great to see them, albeit sad that we were not all going along in the same direction. Gerry likes wine. ! and I can remember that the last time we saw them we all had an enjoyable time sampling n slurping. The ways these things go, we will see them again at some point and hopefully we will all be facing the same way.

It was busy on the flight, and we passed the time of day with another boater, who had had a bit of a rough time at the hands of a Hire boat from Nr.Rugby. There were 9 or 10 on this boat, and alledgedly they were not very nice, foul language, drunk, rude etc. I think I may have been tempted to speak to the hire company.





Before we left our mooring on Sunday morning, I had heard a noise on the top of the boat, Mick was at the front somewhere, so I enquired “ was that you on the top of the boat?” When I saw this, I guess it may have been a goose or large duck. !!!!







what is Finlay staring at ?????

Voila !


























mick loses a penny!
don't think it's in there .




No comments:

Post a Comment