Saturday 11 June 2011

Where's that partridge?? in a pear tree ?

Lovely 1 room cottage at the junction( cor, summat smaller than our lodge !!!!!)



...... and the guest bedroom.!





Ghost dog beer. !!!!







Thursday we trundled down to the Welford Arm, watered up and then started our way back to the Watford staircase of locks.

I was off the boat and walking Finlay. When I got back on the boat Mick was agasp and said that he had seen a ghost dog ! Eh ? what?

“ I saw what I thought was Finlays tail and shouted to you that “ I can see you, no need to hide in the reeds”, but there was no-one there”…….Now then, notice the pics of the cans on top of the boat ? well I reckon that hobgoblin is a bit tooo strong. !!! we think that it may have been a reed in the sunlight looking like a dogs tail ???? NO? I didn’t think you would buy that. So, ghost dog, it is.

Lovely stretch of canal with great moorings, and interesting walks around the wheat-fields. The farmers set-a-sides are lovely with wild grasses and lots of wild pink clover, which the bees really like.

Finlay enjoyed pulling me around the perimeter of the field in pursuit of a partridge , and we saw evidence of foxes - scat, lots of it.


Now we are at Buckby. Will go for a pint tonight before dinner.

No comments:

Post a Comment