Saturday 7 April 2012



Ist morning waking up on the Grand Union Main Line. and what a morning. The top of the boat was icy and sparkling, but by the time Finlay and I came back from our walk, the sun was shining( not for long, though), and it was a "good to be alive" sort of day.
The trip up the flight had not been as bad as we had thought it would be, but friends behind us on Salamander, had a bad time,.no water, dry pounds and it took them 6 hours.
Its quite a busy junction, this one, as it takes boats to the north, south and east.
Skipper Mick was dawdling about at a bridgehole, and I was rummaging at the front under the seats for something or other, when this tinkling laugh rang out and a female voice said " oh thank you so much for waiting" and the reply " I never mind waiting for a pretty girl" !!!! groan. she was pretty and young, steering her big boat, and my old boy, bless him, says " oooh , I've still got it". not sure what "it" is, anyone want some ???
Anyway, I diverse. We trundled up to Weedon, and went for a 2 for £10 meal at a local Marston pub. Excellent. Our chums enjoyed it as well. and we finished off with coffee and a single malt on their boat. better still.
Stepmum and Dennis had given me some easter chick tea lights, but when I opened them, they were so sweet, that I haven't the heart to set light to them, so they are part of the deco, on Trundle now.
Finlay escaped this morning. !!!!!!!
We were walking the dogs, Finlay, and cairns Ben and Tally, and I decided, in my wisdom, to let Finno have a bit of a run wi'out lead. Mistake. Down the steps, he shot, to the rabbit infested cemetary. I followed not so fast , telling Jim to carry on back to the boats, However, Wee Ben, would not leave without his chum, so they hung around watching me try and round Finlay up. Those of you who knew Finlay as a pup, well can you remember when he used to curl his ears up and top of his head( like a set of rollers)? It usully meant trouble . Well he was in the next field staring at me, with his ears curled up on the top of his head. so I played my trump hand and picked up a stick( no not to thrash him although its an idea), but as a tempter for a bit of a game.. SUCKER...., it worked, he came racing back, and was promptly back on the lead.
Now we have moved just around the corner, but a nice young man said are you staying tomorrow, not sure, says us. Well look in next field. It turns out its a bit of a motocross track for the local biker boys. we will move. !!!!!
Buckby Flight of locks. due to water restrictions, last boat through at 1.30pm. until the next day.

1 comment:

  1. Hello there +2, sounds like you are having a great time. Certainly know the feeling with dogs doing what they want, not what you want???? Well, Jen you do not need any help with your heading on your blog. the picture is great.Suns out here but chilly for me.

    ReplyDelete