Wednesday 18 April 2012







Saltisford Arm at Warwick was a great place to stay. We really enjoyed it.
Although these 2 old boys do not look happy. I suggested a walk around the cemetary, they wanted to go down to the pub, but I held out for the cemetary.

Tuesday.
Onwards to the Hatton flight of locks.21 Double locks and very pretty, most lock
flights are tiring, but at the end when you are moored up somewhere nice and
enjoying a vino callapso, you feel good.
Its like having an all-over-body
workout. !!!!
Also my locking chum Maralyn, is an older lady, but very
strong and quick, and it really makes me step up to the mark, as they say. We seem to get through them like a dose of
salts.
Stopped at the top of the locks. Knackered !!!!!
Wednesday.
The next set of locks will take us towards Brum. Lapworth flight of locks 19. And very. Very pretty. Now we are into single locks. J&M+2,are
in front of us, and a very slow are careful boat in front of them. There was not much coming from the opposite
direction.
I had a bit of a run-in with a northern lady about why we
had let the water out of a lock behind us.
In my bid to be helpful, I had thought we could get a hire boat up one
lock before this boat came down. Wrong. Yes, I was in the wrong.!
She gave me a right ticking off, Mick rectified the
situation and I told her to “keep her hair on and have a nice day. “

1 comment:

  1. Hello there both,
    everythings looking very pretty. Pleased Mick sticks up for you Jenny. Mind you we don't want a punch-up on the waterways do we???????'

    ReplyDelete