Monday 2 April 2012

Well, on our way again this morning, and it was cold and sunny. Apparently we will have snow tomorrow. !

















It was Finlay's birthday yesterday and he was 10. He received a teeth cleaning bone from us( that gave him wind), he received a charcoal biscuit from M&J+2( that stopped the wind), and he had a good walk. Obviously, from the way he is sulking on his/our bed it was not enough. !!!
Whippets! me likee.
We are now at Rushden and Diamonds mooring, with absolutely NO FACILITIES, tut tut Environement Agency. We are 2 days away from Northampton, where we will have a frantic shop at Morrisons, I will get my ear-hole investigated( it hurts.) and then 3 to 4 hours later should be on the Grand Union Canal. Hurrah.
Have just met up with NB No Problem( Sue and Vic). They are off on to the Ouse for the summer. she does a real professional blog about narrowboating , with loads of info. Reading her blog, whilst still in Spain, waiting to sell our property really kept us going, I can tell you.
Have made my 1st cake this season in my Very hot and Hot oven. Burnt it, so now it sleeps with the fishes. !!! 2nd cake ( victoria sandwich) has turned out looking more like a frisbee, HOWEVER, it ain't burnt. !!!!

1 comment:

  1. Hi Jenny/Mick, Why didn't Finlay get the diamond encrusted collar that I know he was looking forward to receiving. No wonder he looks fed up!!!!!!!!Just to let you know I have started the rumour mill going over here. Saying you've set up kennels on your NB. Ha Ha. That'll get them talking.......

    ReplyDelete