Friday 18 May 2012

NO PICS. I DELETED THEM BY ACCIDENT ! DOH !


On the way to the Marvellous Montgomery, we passed Brock’s house. !!!!

This is such a lovely little canal, and will be stunningly beautiful when the whole 30 or so miles are restored.  We can get down as far as Maesbury.  So after a perfect pump-out, we  moored up in the country.

We heard the 1st Cockoo, saw the 1st dragonfly and had our 1st bbq.  Fancy Mick setting it up under this tree.  We could have had the 1st fire brigade call out, as well.

I went off to pick some lettuce from my grow bag to find that it had turned into CABBAGE. !

This is a bit of Wicky. !( mick’s old mate).  Every year, when we are getting ready for the off,  he tries to get us to take some cabbage plants that he has grown from seed. I always say Than ks but no thanks. Anyway, this year he caught us. !  he passed them off as lettuce plants. !  little monkey, Roger.  Note:  remember to hide his whisky when in Scotland. !!!!

Now, not all you see on Countryfile is true.  Farmers don’t always plough AROUND lapwings nests.  Sometimes they plough over them !  saw it.  Sad.

Other sightings down this lovely waterway:  Vole racing DOWN a hole at the bottom of a tree, at the same time as a squirrel raced UP it.  Who was doing the chasing. ?

A bunny dozing in a patch of weeds, in front of his burrow.

Finlay getting into a field of sheep after rabbits. Yikes.  Glad the farmer wasn’t about.  Perhaps he was ploughing a field.

I did a massive load of washing and was able to hook it up into the trees to catch a breeze.  I have to say it looked a tiny bit pikey-ish. Especially as 2 local ladies, very well spoken, asked us how long we were staying ????  Hee heee,  I reckon she thought we had set up for the summer.

After a lovely day and  night, we moved off to the Queens Head Public House.  We were dining there o. n Thursday night.

At the last lock I had a mis-understanding with 2 geese. ! well, I was walking along to the lock, swinging my windlass and they made a dash for me. I was pecked on my gloved hands, I was pecked on my feet, legs and erm, erm my derriere. Does this mean I have been goosed????  That’s not rude, is it?  Anyway, it did not hurt, but I wasn’t quick enough to grab one for the pot.  I rather like Roast Goose.

I had some really good pics, as well.
Annoyed in the rain at Ellesmere

No comments:

Post a Comment