Saturday 16 June 2012

Skipton and it keeps on .......RAINING. !  oh well.

Football last night, so as we couldn't get a signal, we went off to a wetherspoons for a steak and a bottle of wine.  The footy was good, apparently. I took a book, but I didn't get much of it read, due to my eyes being like organ stops. !  According to Mick it was " Grab a Granny" night.    Well there were these 3 women, who looked like they had been around the track a few times, and they were trying to get off with these young chaps.  oooeeerrr.  From the back one of them looked good, long legs, short skirt, long hair, but when she turned around... Oh dear.  The young fellas were getting nudged by their mates, but they were taking it all in good part. I wonder if the grannies managed to pull. ?????

An embarrassing moment in the heart of Skipton. Mick and I were perusing the pubs to see which had a TV with live football( we normally avoid these like the plague, but when needs must.), I dragged Finlay accross the road behind me, and this voice boomed out " EXCUSE ME !"
Yes ? says I
"Hope you are not going to leave that !"

Oh no, Finlay had done a line of poop and I hadn;t noticed. Gulp.
The bloke laughed and said that he could see I was a scooper, due to the bag being attached to the lead, and I showed him a pocketfull of poop BAGS. !

And here is the difference in Skipton.  We left the umbrella on the back seat by the side of the towpath and it was still there in the morning.  No toe rag had even thought of nicking it !

Now.......TO THE MARKET......IN THE RAIN. !!!

We may go to a Gun Dog Scurry at a farm tomorrow.  whats one of those ???? No idea. !

No comments:

Post a Comment