Wednesday 25 July 2012


The Trent and Mersey is a nice canal, if a bit noisy.  East midlands airport, a rail line, and the A38. !

 So , we were on our way to Burton on Trent, and the mooring at Shobnalls Fields, great mooring WITH TREES. Most important at the moment, as we dive for cover. 

This old chap on a pretty new and fancy boat,weeving about in front of us, comes along to Mick at the lock  and starts giving out about, if we don’t like him going slow, we shouldn’t be on the canals,Hey, Buster, just a minute, we have not said a word. Look at the name of our boat, that’s what we do.weirdo.

 Anyway, then him and Mick were chewing the cudd, and it seemed that he was quite opinionated and wasn;t interested in anyones else views .  I so wish Mick hadn’t mentioned what HE himself thinks of the Olympic Games. !   oh boy, that really started the old timer off.  I intervened and said, hang on there, each to their own, and requested that Mick just get on the boat and lets get on. Old coffin dodger shuffled off to sort his boat and guests out, and I meandered up to the lock, keeping well back.  Then he shouts over to me, that he didn’t mean to bite my husbands head off, to which I replied, that I wasn’t the slightest bit interested, and should we all go about out duties at the lock???  I then got the info that he was very patriotic, thought the games and what they would do for London, marvellous, that he was married to a pacifist who had no interest in the past, lived for the moment, and didn’t worry about the future. !  I really was not interested.  Thank god, he and his loud wife carried on past Shobnall. !

What happened next made up for that silly old fool, anyway.  Cos  THE Oldest Swinger in Town turned up. ! He arrived on his boat with wife and 2 guestes. After mooring up, he shot off into the boat and proceeded to de-bag himself(  well I had sunglasses on, and I could see straight into his boat, He should have put a curtain up, or something). He exited the boat wearing the tightest red BUDGIE SMUGGLERS, I have ever seen !!!!

He did a bit of strutting, with shoulders back and gut pulled in tight, even when he bent  down, he did some sort of ballet type move, holding his tum in and pointing his back leg. !!!

Towel out on the grass, a quick look around to see if he had any admirers?  Sorry, matey, only me, and it quite put me off my tea and biccy. ! and then threw himself down, and assumed a starfish position in the sun.  He left his guests to their own devices,and his Mrs never left the boat.  Unless you can call a hand that kept appearing and dispensing grub and drinks as an appearance ?

Gave me some giggles anyway. Boy, oh boy, those trunks. Heee heee.  Small budgie !  oh stop it, matron.

Alrewas- such a pretty,  little village, and has a great butcher.

Moored Fradley Junction, and a meal at the Mucky Duck is promised.


No comments:

Post a Comment