Monday 16 July 2012


Went out yesterday with 2 Micks and a Dick. We had some beer and food, then wandered back to the boats for a “towpath tipple”.

Richard has an amazing camera. While we were shopping, he showed us that we had had a visitor to our boat, and low and behold, sitting on our back deck was a little indian girl.  He was then able to manoeuvre the photo to even show me her face, as she had her back to him when he Its now Monday, and we are stopped at Beeston, due to the R. Soar being in strong took the pic.  Its all a bit “james bond” for me.

I also fell out with a local.  Walking along Tinkers Leen( the name of our mooring),2 lady cyclists came up behind us. We  moved to the inside, and I mentioned that a bell could be a good idea. “  I have one”,  “ so why don’t you use it, then we can move out of your way”.  Her answer ? “ I can get by without you having to move”.  Oh yeah???? So that would be me on the inside, Finlay on his LEAD in the middle and Mick on the outside.  Don’t think so. She was a bit annoyed that I had mentioned bells, methinks.

This morning, walking back to Trundle, I heard a faint tinkle from behind and moved over to the inside( remember, it’s the clyclist that’s going in the drink, not me), and there was a screech of brakes.! At least, he smiled, but he thought I was going to move towards the canal.  Ha. !!!

So Nottingham moorings are great and everyone is nice. There are no numpties.We enjoyed it a lot.  Beeston is not the most inspiring of places, but the walking is better for Finlay, and its nice to be away from the noise of Nottingham.  BUT, I hope that we are not here for tooooooooooo long. Having just spoken to a young beardy boater, who says that the gauge is only just in the red, we could be off tomorrow, as long as it doesn’t rain.



The weatherforecast for today is……………………..HEAVY RAIN. ! doh !


 Ladybay Bridge-Nottingham

 Nottingham/Beeston canal.


 The lovely mooring by Tinkers Leen

 2 Micks, a Dick and a Dog.

 Happy Days.  Mick on the outside has just become a grandad for the 1st time.

No comments:

Post a Comment