Saturday 11 July 2009

Assorted short tales.

I am trying to catch up with the blog from badly scribbled notes, sorry folks.!
For the people that do not narrowboat, at certain BW sanitary sites- loos, showers, pump-outs_NO!, and elsan empties etc. people often leave and take books.

Grindley Brook takes the prize as the most boring book swap. EVER !!!
for example on offer was :- The Accounting Framework,another book on numeracy( whoever left these should be shot and I hope they didn't take a really good book in return!), a french phrase book, a portugal road map( why?), a knitting pattern book( I bet that was those two septugenarians on the 62footer ! what ladies these were, they went past us at 8.15 AM ! no less,playing 50's music REALLY LOUD ! ) and a couple of Mills and Boon, The Holy Bible- hey I was tempted but it will take me ages and I have loads of good books before that one.

Fishermen and Narrowboaters.

Where to start.
Who pays more for their licence to use the waterway?
Who always smiles in the face of a surly fisherman?( that one is great fun)
Who always asks nicely, when the fisherman have set out their paraphanalia on the MOORING POINT ONLY- NO FISHING,to move !
After all this politeness, whos narrowboat dog lets them down and pisses on the paraphanalia !

I have had another enquiry as to how old Finlay is. He wont be long for this world if he keeps this up, I can tell you !

Amusing Boat name _ PILBARA- On the side of the boat was a map of OZ. one half was hi-lited and said Western Australia.2nd half said Uninteresting and Largely Unexplored. !


Hack Green locks.

I spied my third pair of mens underpants !


Next post is quiz time for you lot !

No comments:

Post a Comment