Saturday 11 July 2009

My Birthday


Around my birthday, Susan and Dennis came over for a visit.They booked into a hotel for a few days and then they met us at that unpronouncable place that has a large Aqueduct. Ponty-something-or-other !.So we did the aqueduct and then on to the town of Llangollen. Quite busy, interesting as it has some narrow stretches where you need another person to check out boat movements, as only wide enough for 1 boat at a time. Dennis and I were the tow-path runners, and I used Finlays bright yellow poop shovel, as a sign to Mick as to whether to stay or move.

For future visits, we have decided that for us april or september is best and do the run into Llangollen from Chirck at about 5.30am !!!!! when everyone else is still knocking the zzzz out.


The next day was my birthday and we were meeting Sue and Den at Ellesmere. Off we went,early, drinking Bucks Fizz. Nice and quiet and then at about 7.30am ( I did say it was early !) Rebecca phoned to wish me happy birthday, and as we were going along Mick was talking to Thomas( 3 and very talkative !!!!), came to a lock and there was a small but powerful wier to one side, and an Irish BW worker about to have a brew on the other . I got off Trundle to do the lock and Mick started calling for help. so I suggested that he put the phone down. No. He ended up on the small but powerful wier,Irish BW worker laughs and says " O'ill come and help". I did tell him to put phone down says I, but he was talking to his 3 year old grandson. " ahh, well dat wood be difficult. O'ill get him off di weir, missis."
He did and I offered ONE of my home-made biccies to have with his brew. I proffered the biccy tin, and just as I am saying " Have two" this big meaty paw dives in and he says " Great, o'ill have tree,missus, day look roight grand". Ah well, I didn't mind he was a roight grand fella for getting me auld fella off the small but pwerful weir.

1 comment:

  1. Great to read your blog again & A VERY HAPPY BIRTHDAY. :)

    ReplyDelete