Wednesday 29 July 2009

Mick and his magnetism !

Tuesday saw us making our way through the suburbs of Leic. with all double locks against us, which meant we had to empty them to get us in, and then fill them to get us out. I said to Mick, get your sea searcher magnet out and while we wait we can have a trawl about and see if we can find lost windlasses and the like. Anyway Mick said " I'll have a go here" and promptly caught himself a lock paddle. !!!!! Would it come off? Wold it heck as like. I said that I hoped no other boats turned up, espeacially hire boats, as we would look proper gits. We tried all sorts of permutations and I was saying " oh you will have to leave it then" when with a bit of teamwork, him pulling, me and the boat hook pushing, we managed to get it off ! Its now been put back in its bag, never to sea! the light of day until absolutely necessary.

Tomorrow I will tell you about The Tequila Stuntman. Anyone know what it is ????

No comments:

Post a Comment