Sunday 25 July 2010

Oundle,



I missed "the Aristos". Damn. I had gone into Oundle to browse the quality charity shops, as you do. and when I came back with my treasures, as you do, Mick informed me that I had missed them. We were moored in the Ashton backwater, out of sight of the lock, and he heard some booming voices " what?", a boat revving madly, then a bang as it hit the front gates. A voice shouted out regally " I need on of those windy things, haw haw haw". ( that would be a windlass). They brayed and shouted there way through the lock, and we haven;'t seen them since, so they must be steaming ahead. !

However, a good result was that after a couple of years of asking in the pet and saddlery shop, they now after great demand stock ......MAGGOTTS ! pink ones, lemon coloured ones, plain old flesh coloured ones mmmmmmm lovely. Mick caught loads of fish. he even managed to save one as its was being chased by a ? a bigger fish. But when mick threw the small one back, the big one( are you following this?)was lying in wait and GULP , little one got eaten.




Had a phone call from Chris! How come she knows when we are about to enter a lock?

Heres the picture as promised. sorry it's blurred, but I was holding a windass, a security key, a phone and a camera. !




Back View Front View






Aren't they pretty ?

Wildlife is great along the river, so for you blogtrotters who know their birdies, here is a pic for you ? I know what it is, but do you?









Tonight we had a cra..... a not very nice bbq at Irthlingboro. My fault, I didn';t want to do any prepping so we bought it all, and it tasted ......................synthetic.


BUT we met some Bikers( not Hairy), who live on their Narrowboat( to be called Smidsy), called Gordon and Lesley. what a nice couple. as a consolation for our 'orrible food she brought us some Ice Cream Cake. aah, how nice. Hmph, and as for that little git Finlay !. I only left one piece for just a minute , honest.I watched him when I came inside the boat and he looked at me as I looked at he, but I turned away to do something and when I next looked he was nosing around the NOW-EMPTY container, whilst licking his lips
A Noble Steed, indeed.
Had to take a picture of this fellow, as he was flying around the field all on his lonesome.
So, monday on to Cogonhoe. Not far from the canals now. !




















No comments:

Post a Comment