Tuesday 21 September 2010



Newark again.


A picture of a nice brewery building for Mikey !


We had fun and games on the BW mooring, but hopefully things may be addressed now. To cut a very long story short. We rolled up to the 48hr mooring
to find continous cruisers taking up space and all the electric, and they had been there for more then 48h rs. In my capacity as Menopausal Woman, I stormed into BW office and did a loooooonnnngggg email and a little ditty,to boot.

I received a fairly good response, so I have to accept that BW are going to keep an eye on these folks.They were rude to Mick and gave not a thought to the boaters who abide by the rules. Heyho.

Anyway Newark, what a gem of a town. Look at this little schoolhouse built in 1529. !


Well,, we had been moving along in the hope that we were going to be able to meet up with Scooby and Rita on FestinaLente. But the timings were off. We really needed to get some canal under our belt to bump up the batteries. So it was sad to know that our meet-up with them wasn’t going to happen. HOWEVER, it looks like they may be going the same place as us next year. So we will definitely see them. Whey hey. And they are coming to visit us during the winter ! Hey and NO MORE STITCH-UPS, YOU TWO!!!!

When we came through Cromwell Lock, we had moored up next to another boater, who just happened to be a lock-keeper there.He is also a chum of Scooby and Rita. Anyway, he came out of his boat and we started a bit of chit-chat . After a few moments he asked us the name of our boat “Trundle”. “ oh, I know this boat” says he.
I’m thinking , yeah, lots of folks know the Weed boats, she’s lovely isn’t she. “ this boats a stolen one, isn’t it ?”. “YER WHAT?” says I. (Mick, in the meantime has spotted his name tag, and knows exactly who he is, and is willing to keep it going. Most of you know how gullible, I am !!!!). “ I don’t bleddy think so”” she is an ex-hire boat!” My eyes are firing dasggers at this bloke. He takes note and then says “ sorry, I can’t keep this going, SCOOBY asked me to wind you up!” well, he did a very good job, and it still makes us laugh. We’ll getcha, Scoob !!!!! when you are least expecting it. !!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment