Tuesday 24 May 2011


















Drunk? or effects of the wind?



So down to the Ashby canal, very rural no locks and a pump-out for £13. ! we will also top up the fuel for 83p per litre, last year we were paying 68p !!!!.

Anyway, after pumping out, we went and had a pint and a personal pump-out in the pub.
We eventually moored up in amongst some hippy types, and as it was very, very windy a beardy type came out of his boat and helped and then scuttled back again. Their boats may be as scruffy as them, but sometimes they are the nicest folk you could wish to meet.

Next day moved on to Battlefield Moorings, and walked to the site of the Battle Of Bosworth Field for a bit of history. A great walk and looking around the fields and hills,one could imagine Ricky 3 and the big H, having a dust up.

Spoke to my mate, Sue ( in spain), and that reminds me, Susie. We have seen quite a few LABRADOODLES , and we have seen a COCKAPOO. Now you know you said you would like a Bernese Mountain dog crossed with a poodle and you said it would be a doodleberne, well, in fact, it would actually be a Bernypoo, wouldn’t it ????????

Took this photo of a depressed looking sheep on a bridge and wondered if this could be a……………………………………………………………WOOLLY JUMPER, bum!bum!

So, it would seem that it’s a time for falling in the cut. Mick slid in at Hawkesbury Junction, Scooby fell in at Oxford( again keeping his mythical wallet dry) and………………………………………….I fell in, today, at BARTON ON THE BEAN. ! (this is the closes village to our mooring, what a lovely name ). I was moving our wrought iron snail( from Yorkshire), from the hatch cover to the middle of the boat,stepped onto Trundle and she weren’t there !!!!! and down, down( deeper n down) I went. Twixt side of canal and Trundle. How embarrassing, I couldn’t get my feet onto anything to help me get out, and it took Mick and another bloke from his boat, and tween them they heaved me out( with much giggling ). Hm, Hm. .Yet another colourful bruise to add to my collection. We have a wedding to attend in July, I reckon I might wear a burka. !


Thank you Sharon and Sue, for registering as followers.

No comments:

Post a Comment