Friday 20 May 2011

This is the little fella that was "done in" by Finlay( moorhen murderer !)










































Finlay freaking out as a train passes by .( moorhen murderer !!!)






















Wednesday we left the lovely rural mooring, and made a note of the bridge number for the next time we are here. Nice wide towpath, so that Finlay could have
a ball chase, quiet and plenty of birdlife.

On the way to Rugeley for a shop-up, we had locked through with some London types. The older lady said to me in a very refained voice “ we are from Southgate, London. Do you know it ?”. “No”, says I, “I am a country gal and not familiar with the workins of cities at all. !” Oh, I thought you were Orstralian? WHAT ?

I know what a baaarby is, and I know what a stuffed snag is, but after that …… who knows, cobber !

Mick’s Aunty Ivy had texted me to ask if was going to bid for that ridiculous hat that one of the ugly sisters wore for the wedding. Cor, not likely. Only drag queens need apply, I reckon.

Onto Lovely Fradley Junction, and then down towards the ashby canal. Very, very rural.

I love Fradley junction for loads of reasons, but this time here, we saw the 1st cygnets of the season.

Mick wanted a haircut and I found a NB ( cuts on the cut) doing hairdressing, but he prefers my cuts……. They don’t cost owt . ! even though the old shears are falling to bits and he has to stick a screwdriver in it to get it working.

Walking along the towpath with Finners, we spied these baby moorhens scuttling along, alas the pic of the one on it’s own is now a memorial. As I bent closer to look it raced into the reeds, swiftly followed by Finlays lolling tongue. I pulled him back and poor little moorhen had jumped into his mouth. . Baby moorhen was still alive with mashed legs etc. and I just put him back in the reeds and hoped he would pass away with fright. ! Stepmum Sue has now told me how to break their necks, humanley. Fingers around the neck and shoulders and then flip them over. ! They are so fragile it should do the trick.

We are now back at the bottom of the Atherstone Flight, which is where we said adios to J&M+2, about 17days ago. They are at Lymm with their other set of chums now. I think they have a few pals other than us. And I know they are reading the blog, which is why I put that in. !!!!!!

Anyway, its that time again. PUMP OUT !!!!!. we have been trying some new stuff as recommended by J&M+2, however, although I like it and its easier to use than “BLUE”. It’s not keeping the odour down. So we are looking to get pumped out, and then we will try again with the remainder of the pack. The marinas are a bit naughty with their pricing. We would expect to pay about £12- £15 per P/O, but when I have phoned to enquire, I have been asked “ what Canal are you on”( does it make a difference then?), and one marina( the receptionist didn’t cover the mouthpiece properly) said “ should I say £15?” and the reply was “ yeah….. err no tell ‘em £18” .Tch tch. And another marina said £20. !!!!! another was £15.30 . EH? Whats the 30p for ???? AnywaY, I phoned ahead to Hinckley Marina on the ashby, and the nice gent quoted £ 13. I double checked that he hadn’t said £30 though.

So, that will be about Monday possibly, so if we run out of room in “ the dunny”, we will just have to go to the pub. ! I am sure you all found that very interesting……not !

No comments:

Post a Comment