Tuesday 17 May 2011









Mooring nr. Acton Russell


































We left lovely Kinver and headed off on our NEW route, but not before Mick stood in some dog muck, that some owner had let his dog deposit right by the side of the boat.
This sort of thing makes me very cross, as a responsible owner myself, I never go anywhere unless I have poop-bags for Freaked Out Finlay. Anyway, while I am on my soap box.

I had an encounter with a lady and her dog on a clean tow-path. She had passed us whilst I was sorting a lock out, And had walked over a bridge. The towpath was used by walkers, cyclist etc and quite busy. Anyway as I walked over the bridge, there it was, right in the middle.! I looked along the towpath to see where she was,and spied that she had turned around and was heading back very slowly( She may have heard me shout to Mick “ that woman has let her dog crap and not cleared it up”). I was ready for her. “ Excuse me, here is a bag for you. I think your dog has left a deposit on the bridge” “Oh no < I always carry a bag” not to be deterred I said “ Yes , but its very fresh and there have been no other dogs along here”. “ Not me” she said and showed me her poop bag attached to her belt. And off she went. So , in summing up , there are those owners who simply carry a pooop bag, and then there are those owners that carry and use the poooop bag. I will now climb down from soap box. Thanks.

New Route .

We have forsaken StewponeyLock and Junction for Bumblehole Lock. The committee has decided that we have had enough of urban and city cruising and want to get back to the beloved countryside. So we are now going back via the Staffs and Worcs Canal to Great Haywood etc. This will only mean something to fellow narrowboaters who read the blog.I think.

We really enjoyed Brum and all it had to offer, but I feel a lot happier going back the new route. We know it quite well, and there are some l.ovely mooring spots.

We have moored Sunday night at the top of The Bratch, (a lock flight with side pounds that is manned by a lock keeper,) and for Mick, it is opposite a cricket pitch with a match going on, so he will have a wander along the tow path to have a look.

Gosh, this part of the canal is just so pretty, and we have earmarked a mooring spot for the future. DimmingsdaLE lock, I think it was.

Lots of boats on the move around Penkridge, but we have moved on and found a lovely spot opposite a farm., We would have gone to Tixall Wide, but not feeling we want any company tonight. Tixall Wide is nearly always full of boats, as it is like mooring on a lake. Hence “Wide”.

Tomorrow, Rugeley and a good shop-up. We just about out of WINE. ! Yikes. I will just have to have a large gin tonight, then. !!!



AND NO Sue Saunders, I did NOT doctor that pic of the pom-pom duck. !!!!! That was him in all his glory and Thank you, Ivy for lookng in 2 bird books. Can anyone else help ?

1 comment:

  1. Jenny as regards pom pom diddle pom pom put duck with a pom pom on it's head in the search engine and there it is!!!!!!!! Even a you tube vid. Soooooo it's not the old vino that got to you after all!!!!!!! Melva

    ReplyDelete