Saturday 12 May 2012


What is it with older men?  Old Keith on NB Salamander, is always chatting to some woman….. “ ooh, what a lovely smile” or “ what a nice dog etc etc”.  Not to be outdone, Mick then wanders over to join in.  This poor woman yesterday, got entangled with these 2, and after about 10 mins Jan and I said we were off inside as it was cold.  This woman had to endure another 20 minutes of these two ‘erberts laughing and flirting with her. The stuff they got to find out about her

Left Ellesemere on Friday , very early.  On the return we will stock up on the bacon and bap deal, and also some lovely pate from the deli.  Mmmmm



Anyway, I had a sad find at the rubbish bins.

1 x beautiful new dog-duvet- large

2 bowls- one being an anti-spill bowl.( Not sure if Fin will get his snitch in it, though)

Half a pack of poop bags

And a brand new, still with the ticket on, pet water bowl, that will go in a rucksack. 

So, I took the cover off the duvet and washed it, even though it wasn’t dirty and there was not much of a doggy smell  .  Finlay had a sniff of the bed, and duly did the round, and round and round bit, before settling down.

So, a nice find for us , but I keep wondering if there someone trundling up the cut, crying, and what happened  to their pet ????.



  Stopped at the Poachers Pocket last night(PUB).  Not bad.



Once in Wales, and just after we came out of a tunnel, Mick and I sang Men of Harlech to our chums following behind.  Well we don’t know the words so we “dee-dee-deed” it. We followed this with “there’ll be a welcome in the hillside”.  Our friends were appreciative and so was a bloke, who came out of his boat to conduct us. I reckon he was a Taff.  I asked if he liked it and he gave us a thumbs up.

Loads of bunnies and squirrels and buzzards.



We are now at Llangollen Basin for 2 days( that’s all you is allowed).  £6 per day and that includes leccy and water.

I am off to the Horseshoe Falls tomoz( Sunday).  Looks like I am going on my own. Its 4 mile round trip.  I don’t even think I will take Finlay, as its too much for him these days.


No walking on this side. Well I suppose there are some numpties that would.


A pic of a cat for Chris.  Can you see the doggy in the window?  I wonder how much he is ????
Don't look down Finlay

Flying the Lincolnshire flag in Wales. ooooo errrrr




No comments:

Post a Comment