Saturday 2 June 2012


We arrived at Anderton in the pouring rain. And just as we sailed around the corner, who was coming the other way but Ian and Joan, and pooch Emma on NB Warrior. We met them down the Montgomery about 3 years ago. Lovely to see you both and a great shame that we didn’t all have the time to “chew the fat” as they say.  Take care and see you again sometime J

So, I am a fan of the BW Facilities showers. That is to say that they are like huge wet-rooms, and instead of having to be frugal with water, you can “splash it all over”. I always try to go in one when we are passing. 

I duly trotted off with my bags of shower gel, shampoo, conditioner, body lotion, face cream , deodorant, spare clothes etc.  Mick normally goes along with a bar of soap. !

I take all my gear and place in  the in the shower-room. its all dark.  Aah I spot a button, OUTSIDE the shower. Remember this point. push the button, light comes on. So I prepare for my shower, water is coldish, turn the knob the other way, no hot water, so grit my teeth and start a refreshing cold shower, have just got the shampoo in my hair, and the lights go out. Bugger !, there is something weird about showering in the dark. Then the water stops.Hell ! Towel on ,and gingerly open the door, nip across to the wall and press the button again.  Whey hey we are up and running once more.  Finish showering and start towelling and…… the lights go off. Now I have to start feeling about for the correct creams and potions.  Its no good, I have to open the door, AGAIN, nip across the room AGAIN, press the button on the wall AGAIN.

 I finally left the shower room without having to press that blasted button again, and I had a couple of good books from the book swap.. And I felt extremely refreshed.  I might start having cold showers all the time………..NOT. !

On the way to Lymm, we met a gobby Lancashire lady.
We arrived at a tunnel. Going north you pass through on the hour until 10 mins past, and there were quite a few boats that had just come through from the opposite direction. The 2nd boater said, “ when I move, lass, you can go in here”. Fine and dandy.  Then this voice shouts out “ aaare you mooring there?”  “ yes”. “ well, we could ;ave moved up fer ya”. “ that bloke suggested we go in here , due to the fact that there are 2 boats still in the tunnel and there is nowhere for us to go.” “ Aye, you are in charge of yer boat, yer should do what yer want to do”. “   errr. Yes well, that’s what we are doing, we are mooring in here”.  So lots of grumbles from her, as it means she has to  move around us. She is still shouting that its our boat and we should be in charge and not do what someone else has suggested.  Mick signalled for her to “ zip it” and I went back to the my washing machine. Personally,I thought the chap was being helpful, and she was just a gobby old bint.   So there. !
Lymm for the week-end..
And after 3 years we finally got re-aquainted with J.W.Lees beer.
 Apparently its not a great favourite around here, but we love it. So later today we will go to The Spreadeagle, where there is a fan base, have a couple of pints and then fish n chips. And then tomorrow(Sunday) before the river pageant, we may even go and have another couple of pints.
Oh and the town is lovely.
Monday we will be onward towards the Wigan Flight of locks to take us to Lancashire…..bar t’at. !  I wonder if we will see whippets????  Mmmh whippets.  I like them very much.
  woman in fetching head gear

 duck half in and half out of a tyre.

 entrance to lovely Lymm

 can you see the reflection of the tunnel roof in the water. It is a very strange thing to see. 
 Mick has put some union jacks on Trundle.

1 comment:

  1. I think the lady in the fetching head gear & Trundle look great ready for the festivities. The gobby lady should have known what she was up against when she met you pair!!!!!!! Have a great fiesta this week-end.

    ReplyDelete