Tuesday 5 June 2012


We enjoyed Lymm . and Mick “got” Respect from 3 lads playing football across the street, of all places.

 We walked in front of them, and I had said “ wait until we get over the road” and one of the youngsters said “ are you german?”   What ? what? “ no. I am NOT”, Mick was following behind, as he normally does, and the ball came across and Mick headed it. !  anyway the young man ran across and did that knuckle thing, whereby one has to make a knuckle back and you touch knuckles, and he said “ respect”.  Ooerr, and Mick knew to make a knuckle back, as well.  Must be a man thing. But he was smiling for the rest of the evening.

Finally left Lymm, and with Finlay being well-fed up with being cooped up in a town, we decide to find somewhere in the country. Did a long day for us, just over 5 hours, and found an ok mooring, which actually turned out to be quite nice.

Next is bottom of Wigan flight of locks. 21 doubles. Don’t like the mooring. It’s a BW 24hour mooring, and I guess “safe”. But lets face it, we are in WIGAN. ! all alone, and no other boats. hmmphh.

We have moved all the stuff on the top of Trundle over to one side. A big iron mooring stake will be inside the boat with us, and I am even thinking of sleeping in my big walking boots. !  I have seen a character lurking over the other side, up and down the locks he goes, and the back of his head seems flattened. ! plus there is an old chap with some cans, and he is having a right good time……with himself. !  laughing like a drain and jabbering away to his imaginary friend sitting by his side.

I don’t think I will sleep and I reckon we might start off about 6am. And of course, the numpties are still off school.  Wish us luck.

No comments:

Post a Comment